If you are that happy person who loves having some “me-time” on the weekend, all you need is a one-person hot tub to relax and unwind with a glass of champagne.
You are probably annoyed with the fact that one-person hot tubs are out of stock everywhere. We totally feel for you, we monitor their availability all the time. Due to the trade war and the coronavirus crisis, the supply of this kind of hot tub has significantly decreased. But we have found the way out of this “dead-end” and are ready to provide you with the best options. This review is for you, as we’ve done all the hard work, and you won’t need to invest in hours of research.
Coleman SaluSpa Havana
|The roomiest hot tub for 1 person with powerful jets||Best inflatable hot tub|
|- The hot tub provides smooth and strong massage with 19 real hydro jets|
- Heat up the tub within 20 minutes and enjoy relaxing in the roomy spa
| - That's the most portable hot tub; you can easily unpack and inflate it literary anywhere|
- The hot tub is also the most budget one - the best option if you purchase your fist hot tub
|Learn more||Learn more|
Woodbridge Whirlpool Water Jetted Bathtub
Bestway SaluSpa Vancouver AirJet Plus
|The most efficient massage||The most versatile hot tub|
| - 6 whirlpool jets and 10 air bubble jets are the best for relieving stress, muscle tension and even treating musculoskeletal diseases|
- 71” х 31,5” elegant acrylic tub will suit your design the best
| - Combines advantages of inflatable and hard shell hot tubs due to strong DuraPlus material that makes walls soft and solid|
- Efficient heater maintains temperature for up to an hour with a temperature drop of no more than 2-4°F that is two times faster than other models
|Learn more||Learn more|
How this research was conducted
Several experts are working simultaneously on each analytical material in our company. We conduct desk and field studies and constantly update data to provide you with objective and comprehensive information on each aspect.
Work on this article was carried out in 6 stages. We:
- Analyzed 56 models of hot tubs and bathtubs;
- Studied over 1640 customer reviews;
- Interviewed 3 service engineers;
- Interviewed 0 sales people and brands;
- Interviewed 19 owners of the hot tubs and bathtubs we reviewed;
- Soaked in the tubs we could get our hands-on.
And here is what makes our research better than any that you’ll find online, at the time of writing:
- We conducted an unbiased review, we are not sponsored by brands and therefore we provide you with a neutral and honest opinion of each hot tub.
- We talked to real long-term owners of these hot tubs and soaked in the best models ourselves.
- We started from scratch, while most of the “best hot tub” ratings just regurgitate the information from sellers’ websites or researches like this one.
Are you about to buy a hot tub? Or are you an experienced owner?
In either cases, you must know how to take care of your hot tub properly. We know how to save you time and money on hot tub maintenance and we are ready to share all the tricks.
If all hot tubs seem to be out of stock: the solution
The situation with one person hot tubs is really sad. The remnants of goods that were in warehouses instantly disappeared with the onset of the pandemic when people began to look for ways to relax without leaving home.
Now on sale, you can find only the Aleko hot tub. But do not rush to buy it. This hot tub has remained available only because it is the worst option on the market. More than 43% of customers have had problems with it. In fact, this buying is tossing a coin, chances that your purchase will live up to your expectations are 50/50.
But we have found the solution to this problem:
- Whirlpool tubs. First things first — what is the difference between a hot tub and a whirlpool tub? Almost no difference except whirlpool tubs can be used indoors only and whirlpool tubs always have real hydro jets (that’s a great point actually, as hydro jets provide strong massage, that kind of massage you imagine when hearing “hot tub massage”, while hot tubs can have also air jets — they give you nothing but bubbles in the water).
❗ Note: Please don’t mess up “whirlpool tubs” with “whirlpool bathtubs” — bathtubs are built-in, so you will face additional hassle while installing them. We know you are sick of ordinary bathtubs under the guise of hot tubs, there too.
- Inflatable hot tubs. Unlike solid hot tubs, this type is available on the market. That’s a great option if you are looking for a budget hot tub. It is highly portable and easy to maintain. But we must warn you: inflatable hot tubs usually have air jets which means you won’t get that powerful massage, just bubbles in the water.
How did we rank them?
After speaking with long-term owners, maintenance engineers, and analyzing over 1640 reviews, we refined the five criteria that are most important for a customer in a one-person hot tub.
In addition to identifying the most important criteria, we also studied the recommendations of technicians in detail, analyzed product specifications, and conducted in-depth interviews with users.
Detailed criteria-based comparison
Physical characteristics analysis included:
- Roominess & Size. Yes, it’s just for one person, but still should be spacious and comfortable; it’s a luxury item that shows your status after all.
At the same time, the hot tub should be compact enough, so it doesn’t take up much space and can be conveniently placed in the house.
Model Customer’s rate Empava whirlpool tub
“I like the look of this tub and the idea of how it works, especially the massage provided by jets” Coleman SaluSpa Havana “I'm using it as a mini pool” Woodbridge Whirlpool Water Jetted Bathtub
“Looks awesome. Performs awesome. Easy to install. Great size. Easy to maneuver. Nothing not to love” Bestway SaluSpa Vancouver AirJet Plus
“I'm impressed with how sturdy it feels. The sides don't feel like an inflatable, they're hard like they're solid”
Hudson Bay Spas Hot Tub
“That’s the roomiest tub with decent features”
Roominess & Size rating according to producer specification and reviews from long-term customers
- Pump and jets. The number of jets doesn’t matter — 5 jets can be enough with a powerful pump. If you want to enjoy a deep massage, a 1.5 HP (horsepower) pump is the bare minimum.
The best option is a combination of air and water jets. They massage with different strengths and give more comprehensive healing and a relaxing effect on the body.
(Number & Types)
|How it feels like|
|Aquarest hot tub||20 Hydro Jets||“Jets feel like you’re getting a strong”|
|Empava whirlpool tub||10 Hydro Jets||“Jets are luxurious and create the feeling of soaking in a tub”|
|Coleman SaluSpa Havana||60 Air Jets||Didn’t experience a strong massage but still nice to soak in”|
|Woodbridge Whirlpool Water Jetted Bathtub||6 Hydro Jets and 10 Air Jets||“The jets are great and more powerful than we anticipated. Lots of jets, and lots of massage options”|
|Bestway SaluSpa Vancouver AirJet Plus||140 Air Jets||“I use jets a couple of times a day for arthritis that tracks every joint in my body. It works GREAT”|
Jets type & power rating according to producer specification and reviews from long-term customers
Winner, in details
Top 1-person hot tub, a more luxurious option
– Steve, BC
Hudson Bay Spas
Model: Home and Garden Spas LPI13CAN
1-Person Hot Tub
Price range: $$$
We highly recommend this tub as the unquestionable winner of our article.
🤔 Why so?
This jacuzzi is a winner at the same time in the three most important parameters – it is quite roomy, easy to set up and it has 19 powerful well placed, truly therapeutic water jets.
– Randall Wayne, CA
– Cheryllee, FL
🔥 Other benefits of the model +2 extra points
In addition, it was this model among the 56 that we analyzed that received the highest rating in terms of compactness, i.e. it does not need much space.
– Scott, TX
Also, users rated it as one that heats up faster than our other analyzed models.
– Kevin Dittman, IN
👉 Things to consider:
- Be careful and check the size in advance so that you can carry it into the house through the doorway. This model is 33 inches with the base.
- Hudson hot tubs deliver within 3 weeks, sometimes faster, the timing depends on the region.
✅ I want to buy it. What do I do?
Buying a hot tub is an investment that needs to last you for years. Therefore, we recommend that you protect the hot tub with a good guarantee so that you can have peace of mind.
This model is in demand among buyers, so we have prepared a comprehensive guide for you — Here’s how to buy a 1-person hot tub quickly and without the nerves:
- Check Amazon, preferably every day, to have time to decide and purchase the hot tub while it is still available.
- Buy sanitizers for the water treatment (we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the End-to-End Care Guide).
- Pick a place in the house where you will install the hot tub and where it will be convenient to connect to the electricity outlet and water supply.
- Prepare for delivery, get it inside.
- Connect it to the pipes — do it yourself or call a plumber.
- Fill it with water, switch it on.
- Relax 🙂
Other good alternatives that didn’t make it to the top
A cost-effective and portable model
– Robert, NV
We highly recommend this hot tub for those who are looking for a comfortable, portable hot tub for a low price.
🤔 Why so?
- A hot tub that you can easily take with you on the go or perfect for a campsite;
- It is more than 4 times cheaper than Hudson Bay Spas;
- The most spacious one person spa (according to 785-plus customer reviews analysis).
That is an inflatable hot tub.
This is a lightweight model, it can easily be moved around and stored away conveniently. It is also easy to deflate when not in use.
In general, inflatable hot tubs may not look so luxurious. They also seem of poor quality, giving the impression that they get damaged and will leak easily.
However, that is not the case. Inflatable hot tubs are durable enough to serve you for years. Users rated this model as stable, quite soft, and comfortable inside.
Coleman SaluSpa Havana Hot Tub is incredibly easy to use. Few inflatable hot tubs on the market have a remote control system and this one has. With the help of remote control, you will be able to adjust the temperature to the comfortable one and control the massage to get the most relaxing.
Because of their low cost, inflatable hot tubs are a perfect purchase. Coleman SaluSpa Havana is the most spacious one and the best among them. It is often out of stock though as it is manufactured in limited quantities.
– Rene’ L., TX
Woodbridge Whirlpool Water Jetted Bathtub – the most efficient massage
– Gene Gano, NC
The most efficient massage
We recommend this bathtub for people who want to combine the usual tub with massage options — buy one and use it the way you want at a particular time.
🤔 Why so?
- Whirlpool and air jets are the best for both relaxation and treating muscle tension, musculoskeletal diseases, pain in the joints and back, and poor blood circulation;
- 70% of users (50% more than others) state that this hot tub’s design is the most suitable for all the bathrooms;
- The heater and jets work simultaneously, so you can soak in the tub as much as you want.
The Woodbridge Whirlpool Water Jetted Bathtub, like the Empava whirlpool tub, is a great replacement for your regular tub. However, unlike the other model, its design is not specific and will suit any bathroom. 70% of users state that this hot tub has the most versatile design, which is 50% more than others.
In addition to its stylish design, this hot tub is made from fiberglass and resin-reinforced, durable LUCITE acrylic. Of course, this is an expensive material, but its service life is 2–5 years longer than others.
This model is equipped with hydro jets like other hard-shell hot tubs. However, the Woodbridge Whirlpool Water Jetted Bathtub also has ten air jets, which are ideal for stress relieving and treating weak metabolism, musculoskeletal diseases, and neuroses. However, please note that you will need access to three dedicated 15A 120V outlets for all jets to work.
– Lou, NJ
Bestway SaluSpa Vancouver AirJet Plus – the most versatile hot tub
– Dana, TX
The most versatile hot tub
We recommend this hot tub for people who want an inflatable one but are afraid that it gets punctured very fast — its walls are soft but very solid.
🤔 Why so?
- Almost 100% of users state that this hot tub is the easiest to assemble (it is 60% more than other models have);
- The three-layer, puncture-resistant material provides strength and flexibility to the walls, making the hot tub 14% smaller in overall size while retaining its spaciousness;
- Almost 100% of users state that this hot tub heats water to 102–104°F, which is the best for relaxation.
- You should use a mat as a base so that your hot tub does not cool down faster due to the cold ground.
- Keep in mind that Wi-Fi can only be connected to a 2.4 GHz router, as this frequency is used for smart home components.
Bestway SaluSpa Vancouver AirJet Plus combines many technologies, making this hot tub one of the easiest to use. First, it has a built-in control panel that allows you to set a timer, adjust the temperature, and even connect the hot tub to Wi-Fi for remote control.
Secondly, this hot tub is made of durable DuraPlus three-layer material, which allows you to make the size 14% smaller. Thus, it is easier to place the Bestway SaluSpa Vancouver AirJet Plus on your lawn, house, garage, or even your basement.
Thirdly, ChemConnect and FreezeShied technologies are available to you. The first is needed to supply chlorine in the right volumes that will not harm the chemical levels. The second technology ensures uninterrupted operation at ambient temperatures below 40F. It automatically heats the internal components so that the hot tub does not fail.
– Amazon user
Empava whirlpool tub — best for indoor use
– Dave, GA
We recommend this bathtub for people who need a tub for indoor use — a great option if you live in a cottage or flat.
🤔 Why so?
- Unlike standard baths this one doesn’t require additional hassle with installation as it isn’t built-in;
- compact tub that perfectly fits 1 person;
- 10 powerful hydro jets that provide full body massage;
- Rectangular design and clear lines will visually save the space in the place you this whirlpool tub.
It should be noted that this is not an ordinary bath. This bathtub boasts more powerful features than most hot tubs. It is equipped with 10 hydro jets, which not only create entertainment bubbles but completely heal and renew your body.
The main advantage of this hot tub is that you can install it in place of your standard bathtub. You do not need to look for additional space to place it.
– Omari, ID
Some tips & tricks for a safe purchase
All models from this article are in high demand, so they are not always available. In order to have peace of mind that you can get your hands on your preferred bathtub, consider purchasing from Amazon.
Through Amazon, you will get the maximum A-to-Z guarantee, which protects your rights when buying from a third-party seller.
The guarantee covers both the timely delivery and the condition of your items.
You can always request a refund within* under the A-to-Z Guarantee if:
- The wrong item was sent to you
- The item was not delivered
- The seller did not return the money for the returned goods
Pick from the best models and enjoy a home spa experience that you will cherish for years to come! Not only will it offer a relaxation experience like no other but it will also assist in your well-being and will be one of the best investments that you make.
Hot tubs and whirlpools recommended in this article
The demand for hot tubs and whirlpool tubs has increased dramatically since the COVID-19 crisis. For this reason, the best models are almost always out of stock. If you happen to find the one you need in stock — consider yourself very lucky and do not delay in making that all-important purchase that will offer the best value for many years.
✔️Which one person inflatable hot tub is the best??
We have analyzed more than 60 models, reviewed over 780 customers opinions, and can strongly recommend two models: – “1st-try an inexpensive option” Coleman SaluSpa Havana.
🆒 How do I choose a good hot tub?
Consider the most important criteria: – Easy-to-clean – Easy-to-install – Size/ Roominess – Powerful pump and jets *Check more details in our texts.
👁🗨 What 1-person hot tub is the best?
Only 1 good model is available at the moment – Empava whirlpool tub. This jacuzzi leads in the three most important parameters – it is quite roomy, easy-to-install and it has 10 powerful, well-placed, and truly therapeutic water jets.
🛁 What is the difference between a hot tub and a jetted bathtub?
A bathtub is not a hot tub. A bathtub needs to be installed in your bathroom. Some have a whirlpool massage system (powerful water jets), and in contrast with hot tubs, you can use shampoo and other toiletries in them. Bathtubs are also drained after each use, so they don’t require chemicals and water maintenance.
💦 Are more jets in a hot tub better?
No, the number of jets does not determine the quality of the massage. It is better to have fewer jets that are powerful and well-placed in areas that can target certain aching joints and muscles.
✏️ What guarantee is better to choose while buying a hot tub?
Choose a guarantee which protects your rights when buying. The guarantee should give you peace of mind and needs to cover the timely delivery and the quality of your items. For example, you can use the A-to-Z Amazon guarantee.
Did you like the article? Was it helpful?