Who does not like to soak in a hot tub on cold lazy Sunday with a close companion? Owning a hot bathtub is not very difficult or expensive anymore. While there are a variety of models available in a range of prices, we have selected the top 3 models of hot tubs for two just for you. Select one of these models and you can’t go wrong!
Our overall top pick – best hot tub for 2 persons:
QCA Spas Sicily
Also known as “Cordoba” or “Model 0H SM Sirius” or “Silver Star”. Not to be confused with a less powerful “Dream Star” which doesn’t have a heater.
We have selected QCA Spas Sicily model because it is roomy enough for 2 persons and it stays warm for a long time. It has powerful jets, providing great massage action. A solid stable construction, excellent build quality and an ideal form in which you face your companion. And at a price which is 20% cheaper than the average price of hot tubs. So go ahead and buy it. You would love it!
Our best designed pick:
AquaRest Spas 300 Premium
The AquaRest Spas 300 Premium has a great triangular shape yet it is roomy enough for two persons. It has a strong stable construction, but still lightweight and easy to set up. It is highly insulated, so it remains hot for a long time and saves your electricity.
Our best inflatable pick:
SaluSpa Siena AirJet
The SaluSpa Siena AirJet is very easy to set up and heat. It saves electricity. It is roomy enough for two people and has great leg space. It has the perfect shape and is sturdy enough. It comes with a patch up kit, to fix small leaks if they ever occur.
How did we research for this review? – an inside peek
We are different from other websites that are also offering opinions, reviews and suggestions for hot tubs for 2 persons.
We will tell you what we did differently that you can trust our advice and which will help you to make an informed decision?
The answer is simple. We worked hard and actually went in to into the field, looked up at a variety of models in different outlets. It was neither easy nor simple. It took us time and effort.
Our team looked at almost every model available in the market. We went directly to the brand shops that had retail stores. We talked to the salesmen on the floor and the managers in their offices. We talked to people walking around the hot tubs. We looked at each model personally.
Overall we looked at 36 models available at Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot and other stores.
Out these we selected 12 models for detailed review.
Another team read and analyzed over 650 user reviews and extracted key information, to get feedback from real purchasers.
We picked up the most important parameters buyers were concerned about and that you should also care about. We collected the information and we put that data in the best mathematical model available to set up the Quality Criteria (QC). We assigned weights to the parameters and did all the necessary calculations to come up with the best models for you.
All this information was also put in the mathematical model to arrive at our decision.
We also gathered feedback from users who had bought the hot tubs.
This is the kind of detailed research has not been done by any other review team that we have seen on the Internet.
In most cases, what you see is often simply recycled information from other websites.
We are truly proud of our research team, as they spent their time and energy to find the best hot tubs for you. This research was done by our dedicated staff and supported by you, our readers.
Why Trust Us?
While others just regurgitate the information from seller websites, we did the original research.
- Reviewed all available models at Amazon, Walmart, Target, Home Depot and other stores
- Analyzed over 650 user reviews
- Gathered feedback from real users
An excerpt from the research
For example, if you never bought white sneakers, they all look very seducing. But after you buy them, you will quickly realize that they get dirty fast and require daily care that you never would have thought of.
Similarly, when people buy a tub, first thing they care about is usually the number of jets, LEDs, and luxury looks. But after you buy one, you realize that the really important things are things like, roominess, ease of installation, energy cost, heat retention, reliability, stable construction etc.
After speaking with people who bought tubs, we discovered what really matters to the actual users, and that’s what we included in our research.
To our surprise we found out that what most buyers care about when buying a tub, is quite different to what they care (or stress over) when they use it.
What are our incentives? Is our review biased?
The whole hot tubs industry is wrecked. Most of the “buying guides” are sponsored by hot tub makers. They have incentives to distort the truth and put their products ahead of the others. Companies that don’t do that are destined to lose profits.
Doing proper research is indeed expensive. We spent 2 months and a couple of thousand bucks to prepare this material. How did we finance it?
Unlike manufacturers or resellers, we can afford being unbiased . Our research is sponsored by the readers, not by brands. That is why we don’t have an incentive to recommend any particular model. We are getting a commission from large retailers like Amazon, Walmart, Target and Home Depot every time a client makes a purchase, no matter a good one or a bad one.
This is how we structured our work to be both profitable and honest.
Our Top Picks: In-details review of best two person spas
1. QCA Spas Sicily
ByRossi’s top pick among all 2 person hot tubs.
This is really the best hot tub that we could find for you. Our team is quite confident that you would love our selection. You can set it up indoors or outdoors with equal ease, as the installation is very easy. Just plug it into an electrical outlet, fill up with water and you along with a companion can enjoy a hot tub experience any time.
This exact model is also known as :
- Model 0H SM Sirius
- Silver Star
- Not to be confused with a less powerful “Dream Star” which doesn’t have a heater
Technical details of QCA Spas Sirius:
- This hot tub utilizes an Econo-Boost heat recovery system
- Exceeds the California Energy Compliance mandate.
- Perfect size for 2 persons
- Plug & Play feature – meaning easy installation
- No plumbing required – Works with even from a garden hose
- Works with any 120 volt/15 amp outlet
- Quiet operation
- Available in silver marble color
- Durable, sleek and stylish
- Cabinet made of synthetic wood panels with a gray-colored finish
- The panels are reversible
- Includes a hardcover
- Lucite-Xtra Acrylic and shell
- 16 jets target gentle, soothing massage
- 1 KW heater will heat water up to temperature up to 104°F
- 16 water Jets
- Mid back pressure jets 2
- Upper back pressure jets 10
- Lower back adjustable vortex jets 2
- Adjustable vortex foot jets 2
- 1.5 HP Continuous Duty Pump
- Air Flow Control System
- Built-in filter and inline chemical feeder
- 15′ GFCI protected cord included
- Water capacity: 190 U.S. gallons
- Would work both indoor and outdoor.
- Dimensions: 91 L x 42 W x 29 D
- Weight: 214 pounds
What did the research show?
This tub is a clear winner. We would recommend this to everyone who wants to buy a 2-person hot tub. We compared hot tubs against each other by more than 20 characteristics, and this one is an indisputable winner in 8 of them, and on the rest, it ranks 2nd or 3rd.
The reviews also give it the highest rating of 4.46 out 5. It’s also 20% cheaper than an average 2-person hot tub. The only issue with this one is that it is rarely in stock, which actually shows how popular it is.
The research results
Simplified Version of the Research Results
Only the 12 most popular models and criteria are displayed
This hot tub is an absolute winner on these points:
- It is really roomy for 2 persons. You will never feel cramped for space. Even if you are tall people you will have enough space for you to stretch out your legs. It is a very good sized hot tub for 2.
- We know than in a hot tub you like power jets that gently or (more firmly, if you want) massage your body. Different nozzles are designed for specific parts of your body.
- You want jets, we have jets:
- There are 2 jets for mid-back,
- 10 jets for upper back,
- 2 jets for lower back,
- 2 adjustable vortex jets for your feet.
- These multiple nozzles are placed strategically all around the tub and you can control their pressure to ensure to provide you with an exhilarating water massage like never before. And your companion will also enjoy massage at the same time as you.
- All the controls are easy to manipulate and within easy reach. These are simple control that you can master in a few minutes. Of all the hot tubs we evaluated this model’s controls were the best and easiest to operate.
- Just to enhance your soothing experience this model has LED lights that have different colors and are very easy on the eyes.
- Most people want a hot tub that is easy to set up and our team found out that this was the easiest hot tub to set up and we had it up and running in no time.
- It heats up really fast and has a cover that keeps that heat very efficiently to saves you on electricity which it economical to operate.
- Finally, we found that it has a solid construction with very good build quality. The shell is thick, which provides good insulation and makes it very stable on the floor.
What are you waiting for? Check if this hot tub is available on Amazon, maybe you get lucky and they have it in stock. Don’t delay click the buy before some else grabs the last piece.
Buyer’s comments on QCA Spas Sicily
|This model has the perfect size for 2 persons. neither it too big to take up too much nor it is small that a 6 feet tall person won’t fit in or even recline easily.||No more than 2 people can fit in. There is less overall water volume so the level goes up and down a lot.|
|It takes hardly 4 hours to heat upto 104 degrees which is quite good.||The owners manual is difficult to understand and it takes time to check out all the features.|
|The external dimensions are just right if you have tight space. Externally takes 91” x 42” of space. So if you need a 2-person tub in a tight space, this hot tub is for you.||The electric power cord length is short, only about 12 feet. Plus the front panel is difficult to open.|
|The construction of this hot tub seems solid and well engineered.||Customer service needs to improve as it is slow to respond to queries.|
|The buttons on the control panel are few and simple to use. It is a Plug-and-Play model.||The interior plastic shell is quite smooth still if you are not careful you might scratch your back.|
|The best things are the 16 powerful jets which really give a good massage for a hot tub of this size.|
|A cover is provided with the tub. It look quite sturdy and is provided with straps which snap in place to provide a good protection The cover that came with our spa is quite thick.|
|It has a very competitive price and with free shipping, no sales tax its a great deal. At this price it is the best hot tub in the market.|
Q&A about QCA Spas Sicily (answered by real users)
Q: Does it come pre-built or some assembly is required for installation?
A: The hot tub comes pre-built, but you have to tighten the jets, purge the pumps of any air, install the cover, which is really easy, fill it with water, connect to a power outlet and turn it on to heat the water..
Q: What is the power requirements of this hot tub?
A: This hot tub will run on any normal 120 AC house current power outlet.
Q: Is a drain included with the hot tub?
A: Yes, a water drain is supplied with the hot tub.
Q: Does it have an Ozonator?
A: An Ozonoator is not supplied with the hot tub, however it can be purchased separately.
Q: How long does it take for this hot tub to fill with water and to drain it?
A: To fill it with normal hose it takes less than an hour and to drain it with gravity through the drain pipe around two hours.
Q: How much sound does this hot tub it makes when it is in operating?
A: Since it has motors and pumps it is rather noisier than a fridge but still it is not loud enough that it will disturb you a lot. But when you are in the tub and the jets are running then it is certainly noisier — still you can have a normal conversation with your partner.
Q: Are any chemicals supplied with the hot tub?
A: No. All the chemicals you need to keep the tub clean and sanitize, you have to buy separately.
Q: Can this hot tub be used with saltwater?
A: Sure you can add salt to the water in recommended quantities. However please note that any salt increases the corrosion rate, so try to avoid it. For sanitizing use the recommended products.
Q: Can a tall person over 6 feet can recline in this hot tub?
A: Yes a tall person can fully recline in this model.
Q: Are there any foot steps included with this spa?
A: No. But you can buy matching steps at extra cost.
Q: How long does the electric heater takes to heat the water up for use?
A: It takes about 24 hours to fully heat the water.
Q: Can this unit be placed indoors?
A: Yes, it can be placed indoors, but please ensure there is sufficient ventilation.
Q: Does this hot tub come with a free cover?
A: Yes, the cover is supplied with this model..
2. AquaRest Spas 300 Premium
The most luxurious two person hot tub.
This is a very well designed triangular shaped hot tub. One of the buyers said it looks like a sleek sports car. It combines great design with superb features to let you have an exhilarating spa experience. The powerful jets provide a full body massage, warm water therapy and you relax peacefully while enjoying it all with your companion.
Do not confuse with:
- AquaRest Spas 300 Select, which is 10% cheaper but has a weak pump and doesn’t have a heater, so it will have to run pretty much all the time to stay hot in winter.
Here are the technical details of this model:
1. 2-person bucket loungers
2. Warm Hydrotherapy spa experience
3. 20 stainless steel hydrotherapy massage jets that gently ease away tension of the day (air + water jets, dual-side air control)
4. Body contouring seats
5. LED backlit waterfall featuring 9 colorful light settings
6. Full Foam Insulation
7. Deluxe Cover
8. EZ Access Water Drain Valve
9. Easy Kleen Filtration System-100% water filtration
10. Simple set-up
11. 120V / 15 amp, can be converted to 240V / 30 amp
12. 2 HPR Two-Speed Pump
13. 1kW heater (upgradeable to 4kW)
14. Smallest footprint hot tub for backyard, garden or home.
15. Would work both indoor and outdoor.
16. Dimensions are : 80” x 68” x 31”
17. Water capacity: 160 Gallons
18. Weight: 232 lbs.
What did the research show
It is probably the best-looking hot tub. We would recommend it to people who want a tub that looks great and has thick, strong, reliable construction. One thing you will immediately notice about AquaRest Spas Premium 300 is its unique shape. Some people just love the shape and that alone wins them over. Others however are attracted by its distinct features and quality of construction.
Our research shows that AquaRest Spas 300 Premium is an absolute winner on these points:
- The form is triangular so that you will sit hand in hand with you companion, which is more comfortable and enjoyable to many people, than sitting face-to-face.
- This hot tub is an absolute winner at keeping warm for the longest time; the reason is that it has thick well insulated walls, which also makes it economical to operate, as it uses less electricity.
- In spite of having a thick construction, it is surprisingly quite lightweight and it is easy to move around whenever you want.
- It also very strong, with excellent build quality and is stable on the floor.
- If you want a hot tub that is good looking and yet it has all the good features and on top of that it is 30% cheaper than the average of all other hot tubs under review, then this is the hot tub to go for.
- It won 4.54 stars out 5, what makes it a top 5% model (models with less than 20 reviews were excluded).
You have got a winner here. It has good looks, remarkable features and all at a great price. Go get it.
Buyers’s comments on AquaRest Spas 300 Premium
|It is has a nice size for 2 persons and a very nice leather top. In fact it is the best priced tub for its size. .||When filled with water the total weight comes to around 1800 lbs. So you should be careful about the loading capacity of your deck. I had to re-inforce mine to take that heavy load with safety.|
|Even with its size it weighs 240 lbs when empty and 2 persons can easily move it without much trouble.||Power Cord is quite short at twelve feet.|
|I am very happy with the size of this hot tub. I especially like force of the jets for a great massage action.||The location of the control panel is not very good making is rather difficult to access.|
|It is easy to maintain and just a tablespoon of chlorine mixture is sufficient after every use or bi weekly to inhibit the growth of any organisms.||The seat surface is rather rough so is the rest of interior. Hopefully with enough use it will gradually soften up.|
|It has compact design and the construction is lightweight construction which allows you to set this hot tub where you’d like easily. I love the waterfall feature.||When we received the unit it has a defective sensor, however the customer service provided us technical support and the replacement so we were up and running rather quickly.|
|Size is just perfect for two persons. It is really economical to run – around $20 per month even in very cold snowy winter.|
|This hot tub has all the qualities I was looking for: Powerful jets, easy to cover and great price. For me this is no:1 choice from all the models available. All in all, we are completely satisfied.|
|This is a compact but wonderful tub for 2 people. Great features and all at a great price, ..that no other tub can beat.|
Q&A about AquaRest Spas 300 Premium (answered by real users)
Q: Does this hot tub requires installation by a professional plumber?
A: No. You can do it yourself. All you have to do is install the cover, tighten the jets and install the cover. Purge the pumps and fill with water. Connect to electrical power and you are good to go.
Q: With what material is this hot tub made of ?
A: This hot tub is made of rotomolded polyethylene.
Q: What is the width of the seat?
A: The width of the seat is 19 inches, quite sufficient for you to sit comfortably.
Q: Can the spa be installed outdoors in winters with -45° C with the wind chill?
A: Now that is cold. But yes you can install it outdoors in winters with -45° C with wind chill.
Q: What is the life of filter and when it should be changed?
A: It depends on the usage but on an average the filter should be replaced every 4 to 6 months.
Q: What about winter. Should we store it?
A: The hot tub can be used or stored in the winter, following the instructions provided.
Q: Are there any foot jets or LED lights at the bottom of the hot tub?
A: No. There are no foot jets nor any LED lights at the bottom of the hot tub.
Q: What rodent protection features does this hot tub has?
A: This hot tub is made of strong material and the rodents are not particularly attracted to it nor attempt to damage it. However a concrete foundation is the best protection and is recommended as a base for the tub.
Q: Is the power motor of the hot tub upgradeable?
A: The power motor is designed as optimum for the jets of the hot tub. No upgrade option is offered nor it is recommended by the manufacturers.
Q: Is this an air blower spa?
A: The is a hot tub designed to provide powerful massage action by powerful water jets that blow both air and water.
Q: What are the colors of the light in this hot tub?
A: There are multi-color light in this hot tub. Some of the colors are aqua white, light blue, violet, dark blue, light green, dark green, and red.
Q: Why an extension cord cannot be used?
A: An extension cord can be used if it meets the specifications provided by the manufacturer. In this case, it’s not allowed and will void the warranty. Most probably, the manufacturer is looking to secure the hot tub from the potential damage that can be caused by weak extension cords.
Q: Can this hot tub be placed in a family room in the basement?
A: The tub can be placed in any room where there is adequate ventilation. However avoid placing it in a room that is accessible to small children and pets due to safety reasons.
Q: What needs to be underneath to support weight when full of water and people?
A: The surface should be soli, level and must be able to support the weight of the empty tub, the water and the people in it. A good rule of thumb is a minimum load-bearing capacity of 125 pounds per square foot (610 kg per square meter). Concrete slab is best but strong deck made of any material with sufficient loading capacity is sufficient.
Q: Is the Ozonator is necessary for this hot tub?
A: An Ozonator is a device to keep the water of the hot tub clean. It is an optional item and may be ordered separately.
Q: How deep from the seat to the top water level?
A: The measurement from the top of the seat to the top of the water level is 20 inches.
Q: Does the tub have a heater?
A: This model of hot tub does not have a separate heater. The temperature of water rises by the heat produced by the friction of the 1.5 hp pump.
Q: Does this hot tub have a saltwater system?
A: No, this hot tub does not have a saltwater system. However low amount of salt can be added to the water, however it does increase the corrosion rate.
Q: Can the spa be used in a bedroom?
A: No. It is not recommended to place the hot tub in a bedroom – the hot tub should only be placed in a room or a patio with adequate ventilation.
Q: What is the maximum temperature of the tub?
A: The maximum temperature of the water in the hot tub is 104°F
Q: Can the spa be converted to 220 volts?
A: No. This hot tub operates only on 120V, but can be rewired to 220V – 240V after buying an upgrade.
Q: Can the plastic molding hold up in the 110 degrees temperature?
A: Yes, the plastic molding is strong enough and can easily hold up in the 110 degrees temperature.
Q: What are the recommended surfaces for the hot tub?
A: The recommended surfaces for the hot tub are travertine, synthetic wood, stone/slate, brick pavers, cement or stained cement. But again the real limitation is the loading capacity and the surface should have the loading capacity as recommended by the manufacturer.
3. SaluSpa Siena AirJet
Best small and affordable inflatable hot tub.
When it comes to inflatable hot tubs nothing comes close to SaluSpa Siena Inflatable Hot Tub by Bestway®. It has the best combination of convenience, features, durability, and price.
It has plenty of space for you and your companion for a romantic experience. This hot tub will provide you with warm soothing temperatures, massage jets, comfortable seating and allow for compact storage when not in use. And did we mention the price? Well, you have to find it yourself to get surprised.
Here are the technical details of SaluSpa Siena AirJet:
1. Perfect for soaking sore muscles, unwinding after work, or a luxurious and romantic treat for you and your companion partner to enjoy together
2. Unique seating for two
3. It will look perfect on wooden decking or on the lawn.
4. Simple to set up either indoors or outdoors within minutes
5. Requires no tools or professional installation
6. Conveniently and quickly inflates using the spa’s pump
7. Soothing 104 Degree F water temperature,
8. The spa’s inflated walls are made of Tritech™ material, providing the ultimate in comfort and durability.
9.120 all-surrounding “bubble jets”
10. Two handles allowing the users to go in and out of the spa safely
11. An automatic start & stop timer
12. An insulated inflatable top cover
13. Beverage table
14. Pressure gauge
15. Chemical floater
16. 2 easy-to-replace filter cartridges for clean refreshing spa water
17. Affordable price
18. Set-up and maintenance guide DVD
19. Compact storage
What did the research show?
There are not many Inflatable 2 person hot tubs are available in the market and the choice is limited. This inflatable hot tub is light and can easily be moved and when not in use it can be deflated and stored easily in a compact space. Buyers worry that inflatable hot tub might puncture, leak air and may not long. Leaks occur rarely, but a leak is easy to fix with the leak-fix kit provided and they can last for years. For their low cost, they make a perfect purchase. SaluSpa Siena AirJet is the most spacious and best among them. It is often out of stock. So if you find one in stock buy it.
SaluSpa Siena AirJet is an absolute winner on these points:
1. Buyer’s appreciated the size and capacity of this hot tub
2. It is very nicely shaped to allow good space for 2 persons with plenty of legroom
3. Inflatable hot tubs have to be set up, filled with air and then water. This one has graphic instructions along with a DVD to making its setup a breeze
4. It is quite energy efficient, saves on your electricity bill
5. It is quick to heat up and conserves energy quite well
6. It is made of strong material but in case there is an air leak a repair kit is provided by the vendor so that you do the repair work yourself, without taking it back to the vendor
7. Finally the best thing about this hot tub that’s in spite of all the features it costs under $1000, which is a bargain.
Buyer’s comments on SaluSpa Siena AirJet
|This is a top notch inflatable hot tub for two people. If you want lots of fun and recreation this is the hot tub to go for.||Since this is an inflatable hot tub when the temperature falls below 40 degrees F or colder it should be stowed away according to storage instructions.|
|This hot tub takes little space and is very comfortable to lounge in. With good temperature control I can set the temperature what i really like so easily.||Since this is an inflatable tub, there is always a chance of a leak and it did leak after 6 months of use. Luckily they provided a repair kit, so i could fix the leak easily.|
|This inflataable hot tub was so easy to set up. i did it in just 10 minutes. Two people can easily enjoy a hot bath. Even a tall person like me can stretch out fully in it. It was perfect for me and my wife. The air bubbles are so much fun. The best purchase decision we ever made.||I like this hot tub but in cold weather it was difficult for it to maintain the desired 104 degrees F. Maybe I am doing something wrong or there is a problem with this tub.|
|This is my first hot tub and I love this one. Lots of room to stretch out and relax while the water jets soothe achy muscles. Highly recommended.||I needed a spare part. the Customer service did sent it free but I had to pay the shipping cost. It should have been free shipping too..|
|I want my hot tub to be very clean and for that the filters must work perfectly. Luckily the filering system with this hot tub works very well-- but the filters get used so quickly so buy extras.|
|The setup was quick and easy. It is a great hot tub for two. Although the instructions could be improved, I figured out how to do it easily. Everything works fine.|
|This hot tub has an oblong shape which is perfect for our porch. It looks great and works great. We are happy with our purchase.|
Q&A about SaluSpa Siena AirJet (answered by real users)
Q: What is the seating made of? Is it comfortable for extended periods of time?
A: Each end is made of thicker material so it is quite comfortable and easy to sit on. I have been using this hot tub for 2 months now and I am loving it.
Q: Is there a garden hose adaptor for draining the spa?
A: Yes. An adapter is provided. You will have to unscrew the drain plug on the inside in order to drain the hot tub. It will take about an hour or so to completely drain out through a 100 feet hose.
Q: How deep is it?
A: It is about 2.5 to 3 feet deep. I am a quite a big guy and I can totally submerse myself into it.
Q: What is the warranty on this hot tub?
A: You can extend the warranty for the spa liner & the cover from 6 months to 12 months, the heater & pump from 12 months to 18 months.
Q: Does it require separate power circuit?
A: The hot tub runs on normal house current of 120 VAC. It draws 11.5 amps when the heating element is on. It is recommended that you do not load this circuit with any other heavy electrical equipment. But a couple of lamps won’t hurt.
Q: Can I use an extension cord?
A: Yes you can use an extension cord which meets the manufacturer’s specifications. It is a heavy-duty one. The only issue is that using an extension cord voids the warranty.
Q: What do you sit on?
A: This hot tub has a soft bottom. It also has seats made of harder material so it is quite comfortable.
Q: How long does it take to fill and empty this hot tub.?
A: It took me about 35 minutes to fill it and about an hour to drain it.
Q: Does this tub have actual jets or just bubbles?
A: This hot tub produces air bubbles. There is a tube that runs around the bottom perimeter that has several holes in it and warm air bubbles through them. It gives quite a nice feeling.
Q: Can you lay down in it?
A: I am 6 feet tall and I can float in the hot tub. If I am alone, I have some room to spare. There is enough space for two people can sprawl easily. You can’t literally lay down, because the water is too deep, unless you fill it less than up to the brim.
Q: Can it be used and heated without turning on the air jets?
A: Yes, it can be heated without the air jets.
Q: How do you inflate the bottom?
A: The bottom is soft-cushioned, made of a dense foam. Each end has a comfortable seat, so you can sit at one of them and use the other one as a footrest to keep from sliding down too far.
Q: Can the pump be placed a few feet away or does it have to be right at the side of the tub?
A: It is designed to sit right next to the tub.
Q: Can 4 adults fit comfortably in this hot tub?
A: This tub is designed for 2 persons. If you want to cosy up then four adults can sit in this tub. But obviously it will be very crowded.
Q: Is the pump/filter very quiet? I live in an apartment complex so is noise an issue?
A: The pump does make some noise. It is just like operating a small vacuum cleaner. The bubbles make their own sound but it is all reasonably quiet. Your neighbours won’t be disturbed by it.
Q: The tub is 58” wide and how much space do you need for the pump?
A: The pump attaches to the widest part of the spa — just in the middle part. So you will need at least 68” of width to fit the tub and the pump.
Q: What is the maximum number of amps this hot tub uses? Could I use a goal zero portable 12v generators to power it?
A: The unit requires 12 amps and 110 volts AC. If your generator can provide this much power then you can use it.
Q: Can I use something other than Chlorine in this hot tub for sanitizing it?
A: No. The manufacturers recommend only chlorine tablets keep it from getting dirty.
Criteria for choosing a 2-Person Spa
Factors that we looked into and why each one was important in our review process?
This is what you won’t find anywhere else. This is unlike other sites that review these products; here are the factors that will impact your post-purchase, long-term satisfaction the most.
Our team has ranked from the most important to the least important:
|1. Roomy so that it is large enough for 2 people even if tall, with enough legroom for both.|
|2. Thick material which is strong and provides a stable base. Stable on the floor with an excellent build quality and good insulation all round.|
|3. Easy and quick set up is an important consideration for the buyers. Clear documentation explaining the setup is equally important.|
|4. It has good insulation so that it stays warm for a long period of time. This makes it use less electricity and is economical to operate.|
|5. It has power jets that move the air and water powerfully to prove a rapid massage action.|
|6. It has a sufficiently powerful heater so that the water heats up quickly and stays warm while soaking.|
|7. It must be comfortable to sit in with good contouring and soft headrests.|
|8. It has an insulated cover to conserve the heat when it is not in use.|
|9. A good and reliable pump which does not leak and generates sufficient water pressure.
|10. Not prone to leaking either air or water|
|11. Easy instructions are provided with the tub in clear readable English.|
|12. Good after-sales customer service. The vendor is ready to solve any problems that may arise during installation or use.|
|13. Long term warranty and easy return policy.|
|14. No need for special wiring.|
|15. Quiet operation.|
|16. Good looking, nice well designed aesthetically.|
|17. Saves energy by using less electrical energy|
|18. Includes a waterfall that works nicely.|
|19. LED lights that look good preferably multicolored.|
|20. Box for storage of small spare parts and tools.
Points that are specific to the inflatable hot tubs only:
- The body does not get punctured easily.
- The pump should be of high quality that blows air efficiently without any leaks.
- It should be easy and fast to inflate (it should have an automatic pump to inflates it)
- Easy to drain water with good drain pipes and sturdy hoses.
- It could be cleaned easily and quickly without any hassle.
- Box for storage of the whole Hot Tub when deflated.
- Good sized cup holders.
- There should be no resin smell.
Points those are specific for portable hot tubs only:
- The weight in the empty state should be low.
- The number of jet nozzles should of optimum
How did each of the hot tubs fare in our review— points that you should care about:
We noticed that different buyers have different preferences when it comes to selecting a hot tub. So we evaluated various hot tubs against the characteristics that were discovered by our research team.
- Value/price – QCA Spas Sicily and AquaRest Spas – Premium 300, both are exceptionally well priced, as compared to other hot tubs. In fact, both models are priced at least 30% below the average market price of other hot tubs.
- Roomy and comfortable to sit is an important feature that buyers look at. QCA Spas Sicily is a total winner in this area. And almost every 3rd customer pointed this feature out.
- In the easiest setup and use category again QCA Spas Sicily was a total winner.
- Luxury looks and design aesthetics are very important features and – AquaRest Spas – Premium 300 – with its unique triangular form with sexy curves beat everything else on the market. One buyer remarked that it looks more like a sports car than a hot tub.
- In the energy-saving department – AquaRest Spas – Premium 300 wins again. Your electricity bill will not go over $10-$20 bucks, if the temperatures are above 50*F.
- Thick, reliable construction – AquaRest Spas – Premium 300 – beats every other hot tub.
- Which one is easy to move around – well obviously the inflatables are light and Bestway SaluSpa Siena AirJet is the lighter one among the two we evaluated.
- Which hot tub works well in Outdoors, Low Temperatures & Winter – The winner again AquaRest Spas – Premium 300 – which reportedly work well even in Wisconsin winters. And that’s cold.
- Investment in your house value – AquaRest Spas – Premium 300 is such a good looking and high-quality hot tub with that its value depreciates very slowly and it increases the face value of your house and will seduce the buyers because of its luxury looks.
- Money Saver’s choice –It is the inflatable Bestway SaluSpa Siena AirJet – which is the most affordable option available in his survey. You can u experience a hot tub, of a decent quality at a very low price. The only risk is that it might get punctured and loses the air, since it is an inflatable hot tub. However, there is a repair kit provided with this model.
General FAQ’s about Hot Tubs
Q. Inflatable vs. Portable, which is better?
A. Whenever you think of buying a hot tub you will encounter a debate between whether to choose a portable hot tub or go for an inflatable one.
The advantages of portable (non-inflatable) hot tubs are:
|1. more reliable|
|2. luxury looks|
|3. no big drop in value over time|
|4. increases the price of your house|
|5. more comfortable|
|6. usually better air and water pumps, more powerful jets|
|7. mostly made of high quality material|
|8. good build|
Portable hot tubs however, are more expensive and heavier to move.
The current models of inflatable hot tubs are being made with strong material and provide almost all the luxuries provided by the portable hot tubs. Not only inflatable hot tubs match in features but have certain other advantages:
|1. such as easy setup|
|3. light-weight to transport|
|4. compact storage when not in use|
|6. low cost|
Which one to choose? According to research by Peter Rossi team, portable hot tubs are clear winners over inflatables if you have the budget for it. When it comes to price, inflatable hot tubs are better options. But if you are tight on the budget then inflatable hot tub will not disappoint you. Go for it.
Q. What are Salt water hot tubs?
A. You can use salt water in your hot tub for additional medicinal benefits plus it acts and spa sanitizer. You have to check with the hot tub manufacturer to see if your hot tub is capable of salt water system. It is not just that you add salt to water but to have to install salt water chlorine generator. This device converts some of the salt into chlorine which has an anti- bacterial property. Once you install this system you won’t need to add any other chemical to sanitize the hot tub.
The amount of salt added is very small, about 2,500 ppm. In comparison, sea-water has about 35,000 ppm salt. The quantity is so small that will not be able to taste the salt in water.
Q. Can I put a hot tub in my deck or balcony?
A. Yes, but you have to check the loading capacity of the floor where you are going to place the hot tub. If the loading capacity is sufficient to take the total weight, than surely you can put them in a balcony or deck.
Where to buy
The best place to buy is Amazon.com, which is the biggest on-line retailer and totals up to 47% of all retail e-Commerce sales.
It’s no wonder that buying through Amazon has so many unique advantages:
1. Higher chance of getting a newly made model (because the turnover is so high)
2. Amazon’s A-to-Z guarantee ensures the perfect condition of the item and its timely delivery
3. Amazon has its own problem resolution center that acts in the customer’s best interest
4. Free shipping on numerous items (even more for Prime account users)
On top of that, Amazon has a very strict terms for manufacturers, among all other major stores, when it comes to quality and customer service. Sellers that cannot provide excellent quality and customer service do not stay on Amazon for long.
Should you buy directly from the factory?
We do not recommend it. Most hot tub manufacturers are located in China (including some of the ones we reviewed above). Their products are great, no doubt – American made hot tubs in this category fared quite poorly, so we didn’t include them in the review. Unfortunately, customer service isn’t their thing.
More than half of the users who encountered problems mentioned that they were not able to solve their issues with the customer support. What is the reason? Chinese manufacturers are headquartered overseas and have only a call center in the US (or a US number and a call center abroad). The call center operations have very limited powers to solve your problem. They lack competence too (not more than, say, your neighbour will have). Often they are not even directly in touch with the manufacturer. Should you encounter a problem with your hot tub, you will likely get stuck on the calls that achieve nothing.
In contrast, if you purchase through Amazon, you can count on their customer service and dispute resolution center. If something goes wrong, you may use A-to-Z guarantee to get a replacement or a full refund.
What about physical store dealerships?
Even though physical stores used to be more convenient, now they are good only to see and try the product, and then buy online.
First of all, a store has high overhead costs such as rent, salary of staff, and taxes – and all this is embedded into the price that you pay.
Second, Amazon has an A-to-Z Guarantee that ensures the quality and delivery of the item, and a dispute resolution center that is on the customer side, which may not always be the case with a physical dealership.
Third, how will you tell a freshly-made hot tub from an outdated model variation, or from a hot tub that has been returned by someone? You are at risk, unless you absolutely trust the dealer.
2-Person Hot Tub Price
A decent portable hot tub for two persons will cost $2500 – $3500, and there are only two models worth buying. A new inflatable hot tub will cost just above $1000, while you can find a used model for around $700.
When is the best time to buy?
If you are in the market to buy a Hot Tub this is the best time to buy it is simply now.
The best hot tubs do not remain in the inventory of sellers for a long time. So if you find one you like on Amazon, and it is in stock go ahead and buy it.
Some of the reasons that our team found out after talking to the sellers and manufacturers are the following:
1. the trade war with China will likely impact prices and availability of hot tubs. Even if your hot tub is assembled within the USA, chances are that many of its components are imported from China. So there is a chance of unavailability and price increase.
2. a hot tub in the house adds value to your house . If you are planning to sell your house, then the house with a hot tub installed will fetch a much better price. It is an investment.
3. sure you can by a hot tub tomorrow, or next month or next year – but why miss the fun. No one of users we interviewed regrets having a jacuzzi, nor did we find a single regretful review online. Its healthy fun and if you have someone to share it then the pleasure increases exponentially. This investment is worth every dime!
4. you can cash out any time. Hot tubs are bought and sold in increasing numbers mainly on ebay.com. Yes, the price decreases as the tub gets older, but it will retain around 70% of its value even after a year of use.
- Electrical Code (NEC) Art. 680 (Requirements for wiring fountains, pools, and spas per the National Appliance Efficiency Regulations)
- The National Safety Council (NSC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, service organization promoting health and safety in the United States of America. https://www.nsc.org
- California Code of Regulations, Title 20, Sections dated January 2016) Balcony Inspection Law
- SB -721- Health and Safety Code Section 17973, et. seq: (California)
- Pool & Hot Tub Alliance (Formerly The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals/National Swimming Pool Foundation)
- 4775 Granby Circle, Colorado Springs, CO 80919-3131 https://www.apsp.org
- Home Owner’s Association, USA https://www.hoa-usa.com